The law on data protection sets out several reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we will always make it clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
B: Contractual Obligations
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase and pass them to our courier. Details of your billing address are also required under contractual obligations to fulfil the payment contract between both parties.
C: Legal Compliance
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
D: Legitimate Interest
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services.
Tubulus collects data in the following ways:
- When you engage with Tubulus on social media.
- When you contact Tubulus by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you comment on or review Tubulus products or services.
- When you fill in any forms requesting personal data on the Tubulus website.
Tubulus collects the following data:
- We collect notes from Tubulus’s conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, how and when you contact us.
- Information gathered using cookies in your web browser.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
Tubulus will use the data you provide us with for the following:
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send Tubulus enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with Tubulus and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
- To send you survey or feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
Here is the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contact with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them with either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
To help personalise your journey through Tubulus, we currently use the following company, who will process your data as part of their contracts with us:
- Google Analytics
Customers and individuals have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That Tubulus stop using your personal data for direct marketing, either through specific channels or all channels.
- That Tubulus stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Tubulus holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact:
Telephone: +31 6 39 28 22 88
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where We Rely On Our Legitimate Interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking Your Identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any requests you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
What Are Cookies & Why Do We Use Them?
Cookies are a standard method of registering user preferences when people use websites, to ensure a better and more personalised experience. These preferences are stored in a file on your computer’s hard disk drive.
Tubulus uses only session cookies. Session cookies delete themselves automatically when you close your browser or after a certain time frame. These cookies do not store any personal details relating to you or your credit/debit cards. Any cookies created are for the sole purpose of, and essential to, the function of the Tubulus website.
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies available via your browsers help menus.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that have not been covered, please contact us:
Telephone: +31 6 39 28 22 88